Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"I Gotta A Feeling...."

Its almost 2010! I can barely even believe that....how quickly time flies! As 2009 ends I am so thankful for this past year, the friends I made, the adventures I had and the amazing memories that will forever be mine. The highlight of this past year was spending my first season in Bar Harbor, Maine...I absolutely fell in love with Mt. Desert Island and Maine itself. There is something truly magical about that part of the country, the people are so down to earth and kind. I miss Bar Harbor already and cant wait to go back this May (T minus 4 months!) My adventure to D.C. for the inauguration was pretty spectacular itself. Now that was a day that I'm so glad I realized there was no reason for me to not be there....then all I had to do was talk a few easy targets into going with me (aka my sister Sarah, and my up for any adventure friend Kate)...literally and historically it was obviously a once in a lifetime experience

I have this feeling that this next year is going to be a remarkable one; my sister Julie is going to Uganda, Africa till late spring ( I cant wait to hear about her experience) One thing that I truly admire about my sister is that when she has a dream....at some point in her life she has followed through with it....having her in my life gives me the courage to dream, dream, dream!

My sister Sarah is turning eighteen (jeez!!)...graduating highschool...and starting that ever terrifying journey into adulthood.... She has turned out to be one of the neatest people I know and I am so excited to see where life takes her.

Annie is starting a new chapter in her life too, just getting back from some time in the NW, she is working hard( both at life and finding herself) ...and creating her own adventure...she always see's the world with a perspective that I sometimes wish I could tap into..

and of course Gina...my precious Gina... She's turning sixteen which makes me fully realize how much things are changing! She's the most incredible little person....seeing her evolve, learning new words and understanding more its just quite spectacular. She's starting high school this upcoming fall, which will be fulfilling her "life-long" dream of having a locker and being all grown up. As she told me other day on the phone "she is no longer a child....she is a young woman"....I can hear my heart silently breaking a little bit...my little sister who I just want to stay ten forever ( because she was so darn cute!) is a full-fledged teenager! uhh...

I have lots of adventures planned (in my head) for this next year....when I head back to Maine for six months in between that I want to tour the NE...I want to see the White Mountains in fall, go to Philly, Boston etc... I fell in love with NYC last May and cant wait to go explore it again. The best part is going to be Bar Harbor itself! I now have a tent thanks to Julie and Chris and their awesome Christmas present....so that means...camping trips.... Im only minutes from Acadia Nat'l Park.

This next year Im going to really focus on creating my best life....although it sounds like something from Oprah...I really mean it... I have an incredibly blessed life...although at times my big crazy family overwhelms me, or money stresses me out, or I underestimate myself...I live a fantastic life. Im healthy, have amazing friends and family, am able to travel and create beautiful memories, and most importantly have control over my future. But this next year I want to laugh more, push myself farther, be braver, be more honest with myself, say what I really mean when its important, and do everything I can to bring happiness to other peoples lives.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful New Years, I truly wish all of you the most incredible, blessed year!

<3 Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment