Monday, October 19, 2009

Bar Harbor

Wednesday May 6th, 2009

Morning! So yesterday I arrived in Bar Harbor Maine! Its cold and raining but absolutely beautiful. When I arrived at the Bar Harbor Regency where I will be working the hotel hasnt officially opened so things are everywhere. I had to clean an empty room to stay for the night, and after meeting some of the great people Im going to be working with I walked around the property. Its right on the water and I mean literally.....its the largest hotel in Maine and it truly is beautiful. Bar harbor was the playground for Proctor & Gamble, Vanderbilts and Rockefellers. So needless to say the area is beautiful and many of the hotel properties have been around for awhile. I was able to go into downtown and its darling. They even have a chocolate shop & a Christmas shop!

Who would have known that Maine is the largest producer of blueberries in the nation (one of my favorites) :) Im sharing a 2 br suite/apartment with a neat couple from Brazil. We are at the top of the Park Entrance Motel; the motel is closed till July but alot of the rooms will be filled with people working at the hotels. We have the most amazing view, overlooking Fishermans wharf.

Last night was quite the experience! I was one of four people staying in the whole 281 room hotel....so it was a little eerie! Its a good thing I never saw the Shining otherwise I would have probably been terrified. I went last night with some neat people for Cinco de Mayo and saw a movie at Reel Pizza( this really original movie theatre)

No comments:

Post a Comment