Monday, October 19, 2009

This is the life :)

June 18th, 2009



Spending the summer in Bar Harbor is the ultimate dream. My days off consist of doing exactly what I would do on my perfect vacation...read a book, go out for dinner, see a movie, have a picnic, take a tour, cook for friends....its wonderful. Adjusting to a new place and company always has its kinks but this is one of those places in the world that it is a treat to visit. I woke up the other morning and looked outside to the most beautiful morning I may have ever experienced in my whole life. This picture of the early morning right outside my porch was a breathtaking moment. I was supposed to be getting ready for work but I was in awe of God's beauty that I started taking pictures!In the past few weeks I have met some fantastic people, now that everyone is starting to arrive for the season.

It was a VERY quiet start here, it was a ghost town, as Im sure it will be when the major part of the season is over in the fall. But just this past week i have gone to the old movie theater Reel Pizza with some friends. Had a girls night out for dinner at a great restaurant, McKays, which uses all local produce, meat, etc. Went on a nature cruise for free with some people I work with. Bought my very first bike and took a great ride in the national park, although after an hour my legs felt like rubber! Last week I had some of my new friends come over for dinner for Tortilla Soup ( it was a hit) then went out dancing! Its just a great experience, and although I miss parts of home, this perfect summer vacation town is going to be probably one of the best summers Ive ever had.

The other highlight is my sister Julie is coming to visit in a few weeks! Im so excited to see her and go explore the area with her. She worked here with her now husband over 8 years ago...so she's excited to come back and see all her old spots! The pictures below are from a few weeks ago when a few girls and I went to the top of Cadillac Mountain to see the sunset. It was again BEAUTIFUL! FL sunsets and nights on Orcas Island in Washington are amazing but this was something special. It seemed to go on forever, as though it wanted to cover every inch of the sky and water. being surrounded by such beauty is humbling and thrilling all at the same time. Till my next update about this amazing adventure Ive been able to have! <3>

No comments:

Post a Comment