Monday, October 19, 2009

New York New York!

Monday May 4th, 2009

Last thursday, after weeks of running around and getting ready to leave for Maine I flew out to NY! My entire life I have heard amazing things about New York City, but never really knew ; I was so excited that I was able to spend some time with my cousin Sara and her family. I had the most amazing time! Friday Sara had to work and so I braved NYC all by myself! Taking the train from Tarrytown (which is the neatest little town) into Grand Central was a great experience. There is nothing like Grand Central, there are so many people it can be incredibly overwhelming but is without a doubt a beautiful building.

When I first stepped onto Vanderbilt Ave I just wanted to look at everything! I walked around for hours and saw so many things! I saw Times Square, St. Patricks Cathedral, 5th Ave, Saks, Bryant Park and the UN! That had to be my favorite part of the whole day. Saturday Sara and I headed into the city and took a double decker tour bus and saw so much of the city. The one thing that kept me in total awe of NYC was how many people there are.....CONSTANTLY!We had a fantastic dinner at Carmines ( a famous Italian spot) and had the most amazing food! After our huge dinner and some of the best strawberry shortcake Ive ever had we headed out for our Broadway Show. We were able to get a ticket for the show Wicked, which was incredible.Everything about NYC was extraordinary! It truly is a world unto itself. Ive seen quite a few places and so far it has to be one the neatest.

This morning I took a plane from JFK and am in Portland Maine for the night. I was totally exhausted from my three full days in NY but made myself take a cab down to Old Port on the wharf. Portland is a neat town and it was interesting to see what the vibe of the city was like! I grabbed a fresh Maine lobster dinner at Gilberts on the wharf. So Id say ive had quite the start to this adventure of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment